Friday, March 16, 2012

Gym Log 3/16

It was 10 days between gym visits- just after last Wednesday's session, where I actualy felt decent despite a string of bad training days that were mostly the result of me searching for the correct bar position for executing a low bar squat... Yes something I thought I mastered over a year ago. Anyway- after last Wednesday's session I got sick, and ended up starting antibiotics Friday and then loosing a week+ to feeling like shit.

 So here I was back in the gym. I was not feeling amazing, but I was hell bent on lifting as heavy as I did the week previous. I set out to do a 3X5 work set of Squats at 4-plates which adds up to about 385# in my crummy gym! More on the non-calibrated plate debacle at another time... Anyway I took copious rest between sets and managed 15 good reps at that weight.

 My weakest lift (that I care about) the Power Clean, was at best- OK. I have moments where I feel I am understanding the technique side, but I never totally understand why I am so weak at them... A form-check video will follow soon...

Squat-3X5X385#
Cleans-5X3X135#
body weight-188#

No comments:

Post a Comment