Saturday, September 15, 2012

DUNK TANK- hydrostatic body fat test



Joe and I heard that the local Mobile Body Fat Test Truck was going to be at a Cross Fit Gym near his house- so we made reservations to get our body fat test done. It was a pretty simple procedure that only required we strip down to trunks, check our height and weight, then climb into the tank. once in the tank you placed a weighted strap over your knees, clamped your nose shut with your hand and laid back into the water while blowing every bit of air out of your lungs. The dude running the test said that air reads as fat- so you wanted to force it all out. it was mentally a little weird, leaning back into water without filling your lungs... you had to repeat the test until you got a couple of consistent reads.. that took about 3-4 times for me, and a few more than that for Joe...
I was pretty Happy with my results! I weighed in at 190.5lbs- According to the wall chart that weight and my height of 69.25 inches puts me well into the obese category..  but clearly my diet and training have paid off and i registered a Body Fat Percentage of 8.9%. According to the literature that came with the results that puts me in the 99 percentile for men 40-49 years old..

This is a bit of a confidence boost heading into nationals just a couple weeks from now. I have been feeling a little weird since we started the taper, and not really sure if i was in top form. realizing how lean i have gotten in this last block makes me think i have raised my fitness since States and hopefully I am on track for a PR Kilo at Elite Nationals...




age-40
height-69.25
Body Fat Weight-16.95
Body Fat Percentage-8.9%
Lean Mass Weight-173.45
Lean Mass Percentage-91.1%
Resting Metabolic Rate-2205 calories per day

1 comment:

  1. Hey mother fucker you better kill it this weekend! Get on that podium!
    Good Luck!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete